Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Black, white, and blue all over

HI Everyone,
I know my post title sounds like a bruise, but no no one was hurt making this card! Our current challenge over at the Blank Page Muse is using black, white, and one color. 
I started this card by using my stamp platform to stamp the Vintage Lady with wings.  Using the platform to stamp her allowed me to make sure I got a really crisp image since she has a ton of detail. I stamped her using Jet Black archival and colored her in using a combination of markers, inks and crayons. I stamped a second image to play with color choices and combinations. 
You can see in the image that wound up on the card I used multiple colors on the wings and darker colors on her skirt.
For the layer directly behind her, I stamped the Floral Distressed Vintage Medallion and covered it with a blue embossing powder.  I used a textured paper and a light hand when stamping.  To stamp the medallion I just used the unmounted rubber and rolled it directly onto my cardstock.  I often don't use a block or platform when I want an imperfect or loose image.  
For the background, I used black textured cardstock and the Chain link Pattern Background stamp. I just stamped around the edges and then used a black and white embossing powder. 
Before I added the lady to the card I did some messy stitching around the edges of the card using black thread. I layered up the papers and added a very thin strip of a darker blue paper directly behind the bird cage lady. 
Using black and white pens I added some marks and inked the edges just a bit. 
I hope you join us for the challenge! Don't forget there are prizes to be won if you play along.
Jess








6 comments:

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.