Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Spreading my Creative Wings

Hi Guys,
It's my first post for My Rusty Crown!  I am so excited to share this project with you.  I don't make jewelry often, but when I do it tends to be a big statement piece.

I started with the Hand and Wings from Relics and Artifacts.  The chipboard in the back is from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.  I wasn't quite sure where I was going with this at this point.  I wasn't thinking jewelry quite yet.  Once I started painting that was when I knew it would be a necklace. 
  
I painted the Hand using Prima Art Alchemy Paint in Metallic Brass Hardware.
I added Dina Wakley Paints in Umber and Turquoise on the cuff. 
The wings have a bunch of layers on them.  The back and sides are painted Black Berry.  The tops are a mixture of Metallic Brass HardwareGold Rush, and Rich Turquoise.  I used a really dry brush and kept adding layers until I was happy.
The wings and the hands have watered down black acrylic paint on them to highlight the cracks and crevices.  
The chipboard was prepped with black gesso and then painted using the Gold Rush and Rich Turquoise.  I sealed the front and back using Tim Holtz Collage Medium
I glued the pieces onto the chipboard using a very heavy jewelry glue and let it dry overnight. 
There is an eye screw in the top of the hand so I used one of the Tim Holtz Assemblage chains to attach the hand to the wings.  
The chain on the left is also from the Tim Holtz assemblage line, as is the rhinestone connector.  The brass chain on the right was something I had in my stash.  
Have a great day,
Jess







6 comments:

  1. Super cool jess! I love your statement piece.... just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, this piece is GORGEOUS! I love the colors you achieved on the hand and the wings. The chain combination looks so right. Just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "things with wings" necklace Jess.It's perfect for my theme this month over at Country View.This will have real wow factor when you wear it! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wow necklace. You are so clever. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy moly this is an amazing piece!! thank you so much for sharing it with us on the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.