Thursday, September 29, 2016

Trick or Treat

Hi Everyone, 
I'm back with more spooky delights.  I am not sure if I've talked too much about what I do for my pay the bills job.  Last year around this time I left the company I had been with for 15 years and moved to a new retail spot.  I am a store manager for a company that makes stuffed animals(yes, I am being intentionally vague here).  I try to keep it fun.  I know that most of the kids that work for me aren't going to be with me forever and for many it's a first job.  I loved my first job.   I want my team to look back on this job and remember it fondly.  This month I challenged them to take home one of the boxes we send our animals home in and transform it into something for Halloween.  We will use them to decorate our break room.  I never ask them to do anything I wouldn't do myself, so here is my take on the project. 
When I started this I had no idea where I wanted to take it, but once I used my Graphic 45 paper for the sides it really took off.  
Doesn't he look happy to see you? And he has a pumpkin for you too. 

There is a metal band that runs all around the top that I painted with a thin layer of black paint to grunge it up a bit.  The border is a Tim Holtz die and it makes a perfect little fence.  


When I glued it down I left gaps and bubbles so I could cram moss in there.  

I don't know if these little kids are frightened by the skeleton or the giant spider.  

Ok, here you can really see the labor of love on this project.  That roof!


I think I put down about a million tiles. 
I have more respect for roofers now.  
Until next time,
Jess









5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this!! I am new to loving Halloween! The roof is to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I Love this! This is so wicked! Awesome job! Love Halloween! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only is this a masterfully creative, fun and fabulous creation, beyond that I'm really moved by the way you are building team and community at work. the people who work with you are very lucky. I'm sure their time with the company will indeed be memorable. thank you for making life a little better for others. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project Jess! Love all the details you've added. Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moss is such a brilliant addition but I love all the other bits too! Fabulously spooky! Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.