Monday, July 11, 2016

Altered Matchbook

Over the weekend I posted a sneak peek of this before I had my blog post ready to go.
Wow! I got a crazy response to this little matchbook when I posted it on Facebook and Instagram. Please excuse the wiggly camera.  I was shooting it myself and I also had terribly chippy nails I was trying to keep out of the shot.  
I followed this amazingly simple tutorial to make mine.  
Here are some better photos of my little matchbook!
I used manila to make my base and covered it with Distress Inks. Black acrylic ink was pounced through my stencil to complete the back.  The little book is just a light weight cardstock folded according to the tutorial instructions.  
All of the ladies are from Art Chix Studios.  
I hope you enjoy seeing some closer looks!

Jess





8 comments:

  1. Great job Jess!! Love the colors and the artsy theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at More Mixed Media Challenges blog and good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, Jess! Love this tiny art, it just pulls you in and commands attention. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess....now this is original! I love your matchbook! What a very cute idea and the way you finished it out is totally amazing! LOVE LOVE the vintage ladies with their sentiments. Love the flowers or petals on their heads. That really gives them such an artsy look! Beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun matchbook this is. Love the bold colors, the vintage ladies and the incorporation of blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever is this to make a book in a matchbox! I have always loved those Archie images too! Well done! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer Notice

I've received products/compensation as part of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Design teams. My projects, however, are 100% my own.